This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Path issue with windows shell
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:18:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: Path issue with windows shell
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <029801ceebab$c5a6eff0$50f4cfd0$ at subrigo dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 11/27/2013 3:03 PM, Matthew Lagoe wrote:
im having a problem with paths, when i use /cygdrive/l in the windows shell
it doesn't work however when i use it in the cygwin shell it works fine
/cygdrive/c works fine in both
The windows shell only see's the "C" drive even with ls
Cygwin however see's everything
$ ls /cygdrive
c f h l r w
Looks to me like you have either alternate tools for Windows
or you've created a c:\cygdrive directory and populated it
with a "C" drive (note the case difference between your
first and second output), or both.
If this observation isn't helpful, please read and follow the
problem reporting guidelines found here:
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple