This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Win 7 claims setup-x86_64.exe doesn't work any more - but it does
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:32:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: Win 7 claims setup-x86_64.exe doesn't work any more - but it does
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAM9pMnPgWifiuFyxgt=hPt7m-eK4CNMy9ZCAGYreuGrE1fF-Aw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131128130910 dot GI2449 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAM9pMnMEPimS5_AhAJjpNL7daFgAGy41ujHnJ2qnLtp4JKSD8Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 04:51:57PM +0100, Robert Klemme wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Nov 28 10:24, Robert Klemme wrote:
>>> since the last update of my cygwin 64 installer during the execution I
>>> get a Windows pop up indicating that the program does not work any
>>> more. Funny thing is: it does. I just click "cancel" and the
>>> installation proceeds normally. It even happens if I start the
>>> program and click cancel on the first screen. Is anybody else
>>> experiencing the same? Version is 2.831.
>> Just tried it on a W7-64 machine and I can't reproduce this. Maybe
>> a virus scanner is interfering?
>I just tested with the AV switched off and there is no difference.
>Also, it has worked without issues in the past with AV.
>The only change to the system was that I uninstalled Notepad++
>yesterday. Before I did that I uninstalled all the plugins and all of
>a sudden my "Desktop" directory was gone. I do not have an idea
>whether this is in any way related and I don't want to blame Notepad++
>unless I have evidence of any issues caused by it. So far I could not
>find anything unusual.
>I checked Windows Application Log and there seems to be always an
>error like the one attached whenever the UI reports issues.
>remember.guy do |as, often| as.you_can - without end
>Quelle: Application Error
>Datum: 28.11.2013 14:50:45
>Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
>Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: setup-x86_64.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5288542b
>Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvinitx.dll_unloaded, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x50ef1ca0
Looks like it might be an NVIDIA DLL which is causing the problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple