This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: chere + mintty doesn't work with mapped drives
- From: Dave Kilroy <kilroyd at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:56:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: chere + mintty doesn't work with mapped drives
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <00ce27600b2e404cbb8f9e56c3994e8c at CO2PR07MB556 dot namprd07 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
On 29/11/2013 17:29, Charles Butterfield wrote:
I've noticed that if I install a right-click shell entry via "chere" and use "minty" as the terminal that I cannot start a shell on a network share. This is true regardless of which of the following two installation commands I execute:
chere -I -t mintty -s bash
chere -i -2 -t mintty -s bash
A related clue is that when using a mintty terminal I cannot see network shares in /cygdrive, but when using the default chere shell I can see the network shares mapped to drives (e.g. /cygdrive/y/...).
Can you clarify which isn't working:
a) a network share mapped to a drive letter, e.g N:\my\network\location
b) network share accessed via \\ e.g. \\server\path\my\network\location
I think a) should always work.
Are you right clicking on a directory and selecting the menu item, or
right clicking a blank spot in the RH pane? The two result in different
logic, with the latter having to guess it's a network path. You may be
able to figure out what's going on by adding a few echos to /bin/xhere
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple