Windows 7 64 Bit flashes DOSBox visible on Desktop when using run-1.3.0 or run2-0.4.2 to start Cygwin commands

Hi *,

[this is my 2nd email ... got myself some mailing-list registration
problems as well ... sorry for the noise]

I try to start cygwin commands without a DOS-Box as suggested by run and
run2. To no avail. I see the CMD-Window (DOS-Box) flashing up (and down
again). I tried cygwin and cygwin64 on a Windows 7 64Bit machine.

The command does complete successful (e.g. just a "#!/bin/sh <CR> ls -1 |
wc -l > count_file.txt") but I cannot help perceiving the opening and
immediate closing of the DOSBox window. Running a series of such commands
in a loop would render my Windows desktop into a stroboscope.

Also I looked up the cygwin (and winsup) sources but was not lucky to find
any code or run or run2. And there's no reference whatsoever in
/usr/share/doc/run and /usr/share/doc/run2 on where to *obtain* the sources
for these packages. They do not seem to be included in the regular cygwin
CVS.

I do not know what I'm doing wrong, since Google tells me it should work
without popping up a DOS-Box window.

Could anyone please post me some advice (or tell me where to obtain the
sources)?

Thx,
Oliver