Re: Maintainer for git?

Hey guys,

On Jan 27 16:14, David Conrad wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Chris O'Bryan wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
> >> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote
> >>
> >> I can confirm this fixes my problems as well
> >>

> > This fixed my issue, too. Good hunch on the SSE stuff!
> >

> With the new OpenSSL from Corinna I was able to clone both the linux
> and ffmpeg repos with Adam's latest git-1.8.5.2.
>
> Many thanks to Corinna, Adam, and all those who have tested this. I
> hope to see a new git on the mirrors soon!

many thanks to all of you for your feedback.

Chris and I discussed this problem further and we applied a patch to the
Cygwin DLL which saves and restores the FPU state and XMM registers on
32 bit as well when a thread gets interrupted for signal handling.

For testing I reverted my local OpenSSL to the previous 1.0.1f-1 and
tried to fetch the Linux git repo a couple of times without error, so
I'm carefully optimistic that we can revert to an SSE2-enabled OpenSSL
as soon as we release the next Cygwin version 1.7.28, which is due very
soon now.

I'd be grateful if you could do some more testing as well.  Please
revert your OpenSSL package to 1.0.1f-1 via setup, and then fetch the
latest 2014-01-28 Cygwin snapshot DLL from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/,

With this combination, you should be able to git clone the same as
with the SSE2-less OpenSSL.

Thanks in advance,
Corinna

Red Hat