Re: setup.exe different packages

Chris J. Breisch <chris.ml <at> breisch.org> writes:
> No, I don't agree with that statement. I'd be more inclined to believe
> that it's a bug in the command-line interface that doesn't allow you to
> do what the GUI does.

You can disagree all you want, the source of setup makes it pretty clear
that all packages in category Base must always be installed, regardless of
any other choices the user made.  And that's in fact what the GUI does too
(it goes through exactly the same code path), only that you're later able to
deselect the "binary" package without setup checking for whether you do this
on a Base package (note you can't uninstall or skip a Base package, so that
you can defeat this via other means is the bug I was talking about).

Regards,
Achim.