Octave

Hi,

I have recently compiled (with some hopefully ignorable warnings at the
end, although I don't have my Windows machine here to look up which
ones) the octave-forge packages for cygwin x64 and I came across a few
issues. First, I found I had to patch mex.h from octave-devel, as
discussed here:

I also had to add a #include <unistd.h> as detailed here:

http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/ports-184568-math-octave-forge-fl-core-fix-build-with-gcc47-td5866666.html

Is it worth pushing a small patch to these files, or is Octave 3.8 just
around the corner? It'd be great to see x64 fully supported with
octave-forge packages available - I can probably help provide 3.6
octave-forge binaries too, seeing as I've just built them :)

Finally, fltk doesn't seem to work on x64, I get:

function '__init_fltk__' not found

when I try to switch graphics package.

Thanks,

Ash