Want to build Win32 API code and Posix API code in Cygwin

Hi All,
    I have legacy code (part A) written in Posix API that I want to
port to Windows, and there is also some other necessary code (part B)
written in Win32 API, but seems that I cannot use GCC on Cygwin to
build them (A and B) together to get the executable program, since I
met issue like "header missing" for Win32 API .
    Is there any other method to resolve such problem? I considerred
to build part B as dll first and build with part A on Cygwin. Is that
okay?
    Thanks a lot for your guidance!