Re: Cygwin64 ignoring /etc/passwd shell field?

On 2/26/2014 16:29, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 07:26:59PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> The common case would be for a shell to show up in /etc/shells.  Under
>> Fedora adds the shell to /etc/shells when the shell package is
>> installed.  I don't see any reason for us to do anything different.
> Rephrasing that in English:
>
> Under Fedora, shells add themselves to /etc/shells file when they are
> installed.
>
> cgf
>
> --

Yep.  At least for common shells.  If someone is super security
conscious, they can police their /etc/shells file.  But the most common
usage would be to simply allow a shell that's installed, since if a
person installed a shell, you can safely presume they want to use it.