Re: cannot copy graphics to clipboad

On 08/03/2014 10:31, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> I have build wxWidgets-2.8.12 on Cygwin_x86.
> After that I have build gnuplot (4.6.5 and cvs) with wxt terminal.
>
> On the plotting window of the terminal of gnuplot, there is a "copy to clipboad"
> button.
>
> However, I clicked the button and tried to paste to Xfig working on Cygwin, nothing was pasted.
>
> Cannot I use clipboard feature on Cygwin?

I guess that you have built a version of gnuplot which uses native windows GUI
(using wxWidgets), so the first problem is that the conversion between Windows
and X11 clipboards only supports text clipboard contents, currently.

I would think that if you were using the X11 version of gnuplot (available via
cygwin's setup), you should be able to copy the gnuplot graph (using middle
mouse button click) and paste it into other X11 programs.  But I can't find
documentation that xfig supports pasting an image into an xfig drawing, so
that may be a second problem.