This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please stop sending email to ...
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:17:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Please stop sending email to ...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140311212550 dot GA2208 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <1394581356734-107040 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <20140312015352 dot GB2283 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <1382539932 dot 20140312154311 at yandex dot ru>
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 03:43:11PM +0400, Andrey Repin wrote:
> The point was, it's nowhere mentioned, who to contact in case of list issues.
> Not in list mail headers, neither on list's mailman web page.
> I've had multiple mails blocked for containing "foreign language" (how can I
> help? It's Microsoft smarts to translate group names to make everyone
> unhappy), and I multiple times tried to find the address to appeal to. To no
> Yes, I vaguely recalled, that there supposed to be "<list>-owner" address,
> but it's only my poor memory. How can I trust her without confirmation?
It is mentioned in the email headers. Looking at this email, for
example, I see the following header:
List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com>, <http://sourceware.org/ml/#faqs>
Alternatively, as cgf has already mentioned,
<http://cygwin.com/lists.html> states "If you have *any* questions or
problems with the mailing lists, see the Sourceware mailing list FAQs"
with a link to that same Sourceware page. And that page includes the
> 10. I can't post because your spam software won't let me, and I want
> to tell you how unhappy I am
> If you have tried all the above techniques and are still unable to
> send email to a mailing list, then send email to postmaster at this
> site. Be prepared to be mocked, if any of the above needs to be
> repeated to you, however.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple