Re: bash adds dot to $PATH (was: Re: $PATH contains dot but unclear where it comes from)

Hi,

Matthew Blakley pointed out to me that he noticed that under Windows 7
several processes have the dot added - not only Cygwin processes. I
checked with ProcessExplorer and indeed PATH of chrome.exe ends with
";.;".  So it could be an OS "feature" but I could not find any
documentation about this. And it is still totally unclear to me what
the criterion might be as bash suffers from this but all other shells
do not. This is weird.

Kind regards

robert

--
[guy, jim].each {|him| remember.him do |as, often| as.you_can - without end}
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/