Trouble with running cygwin dll on Vortex86MX+ CPU

Hi Team,

I'm new here, but have dabbled in Cygwin for a few years. I hope someone
more knowledgeable than myself can help with with this issue which is
quite frankly baffling me for the past few weeks.

The problem I have can be reduced to this: I compile a simple "Hello
World" console mode c program. I copy the .exe file and cygwin1.dll onto
an embedded PC, open a console window, and run the program. The program
runs, and returns immediately to the command prompt, with no output. No
error messages, no nothing...

I can do the same on any desktop PC running Windows XP, or 7, my "Hello
World" runs as expected.

The embedded PC is currently running a full installation of Windows XP
Professional, SP3. It does so quite happily. It's CPU is DM&P Vortex86MX+
933MHz. I am able to run a "Hello World" program compiled with a native
Windows compiler on it successfully.

In discussing this with the embedded PC supplier, he suggests that the
cygwin1.dll is exiting because it doesn't recognise the CPU. Is this
explanation plausible? And if it is, is there a solution available, or
must I give up on using cygwin for this application?

Thanks for yout time.

Colin