Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'll once again point out that gdb, binutils, and gcc seem to get by
> just fine without this.  And, maybe I missed something, but I don't see
> search on sourceforge.net either.  Given that, I don't see how this can
> be a huge barrier to entry.

Noted. However this is an irrelevant conclusion. The fact that they are
successful does not mean Cygwin wont benefit from a search function.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Warren Young wrote:
> If you think web code repository searching and a public bug tracker are
> primary barriers to contribution, you aren't being honest with yourself.
> They are nice, but not necessary.

I am honest with myself. I, as everyone have limited time. I will not waste my
time with an archaic system and maintainers who fail to see the light of day
when there are better ways I can spend my time, example

  http://github.com/stars/svnpenn