Re: Mount / Access is Denied

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Zeranoe wrote:
> On 3/8/2014 12:50 AM, Cicero Silva Luiz Junior wrote:
>>
>> My OS is Windows 8.1 x64. UAC is on, behavior set as Prompt for
>> Credentials on Secure Desktop. Only elavate executables that are
>> signed and only elevate apps in secure locations settings are both on.
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> I just ran into this issue too.
>
> Everything worked fine on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, but the same command on
> Windows 8.1 fails with the same error.
>
> I'm using --no-admin, and have write access to the root and local folders.
>
> This seems to be a Windows 8.1 (maybe 8 as well) issue.
>
> I would be happy to provide any further information about this, but
> currently the command line method is useless on Windows 8.1 unless you have
> admin privileges.
>
> Thanks,
>   Kyle

I was able to reproduce this as well on a lab machine at work that we
have Windows 8.1 x64 Update 1 loaded on.  It seems to throw the error
as soon as it goes to switch to installing the files and as suggested
only happens with --no-admin set.  There are no files unpacked as a
result.  There is no BLODA on my test machine as it is a clean install
save for updates in itself.  I'm going to test again on a VM later on
when I get a few minutes to run the install though and verify.  The
setup.log provided no appreciable information beyond what was provided
by the OP however if there is a way to up the verbosity I am more than
willing to re-run the install.

Robert Pendell
A perfect world is one of chaos.