Re: GIT (was: Coverity Scan)

Greetings, Jim Garrison!

This is exactly what makes me dislike it strongly. This, and idiotic model of
copying whole repository to my machine, when I only want to glance at the
source code, and find the culprit of my current issues.
I've spent 3 hours downloading a 200Mb repo of a project, where the Subversion
client pulled 4 or 5Mb HEAD of it in like 10 minutes, once I realized what an
idiotic weight I pulled and went to google to see if it can be done better.
And "fine control" doesn't mix with "project consistency" at all.
Subversion is aimed at versioning of a whole project, in a supposedly
consistent state at each version. What can be more "fine" than this, is beyond
my understanding.
You can still commit separate files from working copy, though, but this
practice is discouraged for the greater good of the project you develop.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...