This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
make error: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.
- From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhmccullough at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 19:09:00 -0700
- Subject: make error: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I picked a bad example, since you don't have my source files.
The point is this: I've been using Cygwin "make" for years
and never had a problem. In the last week, "make" suddenly
changed -- it does nothing but stop on every makefile.
You must have released a new version of "make" which
is definitely broken.
Just think about it -- why should "make" suddenly force me to add
targets for all my existing targets?
Context Knowledge Systems
Name your propositions !