This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- From: Maximus5 <ConEmu dot Maximus5 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 10:13:44 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140425T174944-109 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140425173617 dot GB346 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> I don't see the behavior that you are specifying but I doubt that what
> you are seeing has anything to do with the gobbledegook on the above
> page. If you do want "Cygwin" to send ANSI escape sequences then you'll
> need to make sure that you're using a package which knows how to send
> them, i.e., an ncurses-using package, and that the TERM environment
> variable is set appropriately.
Hi, about gobbledegook
Looking into imports of cygwin's shot.exe I can see "cygncursesw-10.dll".
Does that mean it is "using a package which knows how to send them"?
Checking for environment
$ set | grep TERM
But sh.exe is using Windows console API instead of writing ANSI to stdout.
What is wrong?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple