Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen

On 05/01/2014 06:13 AM, Maximus5 wrote:
Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

I don't see the behavior that you are specifying but I doubt that what
you are seeing has anything to do with the gobbledegook on the above
page.  If you do want "Cygwin" to send ANSI escape sequences then you'll
need to make sure that you're using a package which knows how to send
them, i.e., an ncurses-using package, and that the TERM environment
variable is set appropriately.

Hi, about gobbledegook

Looking into imports of cygwin's shot.exe I can see "cygncursesw-10.dll".

Does that mean it is "using a package which knows how to send them"?

Checking for environment
$ set | grep TERM
TERM=xterm

Ok?

But sh.exe is using Windows console API instead of writing ANSI to stdout.

What is wrong?

If you're using the Windows console (cmd.exe, Console2, ConEmu, etc.), then
you're not going to get complete ANSI code support regardless of what you
set your TERM environment variable to.  If you're saying that you're using
mintty or xterm and having problems, then you need to provide a clear recipe
to reproduce the problem so that someone here can try to reproduce it.  For
more details on what's needed, please see the problem reporting guidelines
found at the link below:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

--
Larry