This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 01:37:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140425T174944-109 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140425173617 dot GB346 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <loom dot 20140501T121117-28 at post dot gmane dot org> <5362C651 dot 9090402 at cygwin dot com> <20140502053330 dot GA3882 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 01:33:30AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I think I understand now. The request if for Cygwin to "do nothing"
>when it sees escape sequences since, apparently, ConEmu will handle
>escape sequences on its own. This is not a bug in Cygwin but, a request
>for different functionality. And, on rereading, the web page, I see
>that I just wasn't getting what was being requested. That was because I
>was thinking about this from the point of view of someone reporting this
>as an apparent long-standing bug in Cygwin when it was nothing of the
Oh, and another reason for my reaction was that the web page used the
term "annoying cygwin behavior" when Cygwin is working as designed.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple