This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- From: Maximus5 <ConEmu dot Maximus5 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 11:08:44 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140425T174944-109 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140425173617 dot GB346 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <loom dot 20140501T121117-28 at post dot gmane dot org> <5362C651 dot 9090402 at cygwin dot com> <20140502053330 dot GA3882 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140502053727 dot GA4145 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 01:33:30AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >I think I understand now. The request if for Cygwin to "do nothing"
> >when it sees escape sequences since, apparently, ConEmu will handle
> >escape sequences on its own. This is not a bug in Cygwin but, a request
> >for different functionality. And, on rereading, the web page, I see
> >that I just wasn't getting what was being requested. That was because I
> >was thinking about this from the point of view of someone reporting this
> >as an apparent long-standing bug in Cygwin when it was nothing of the
> Oh, and another reason for my reaction was that the web page used the
> term "annoying cygwin behavior" when Cygwin is working as designed.
Exactly. May be "annoying" was too emotional, but when I wrote that wiki
I was tired with convincing my reporters that "I can't do anything with that".
Wiki was rewritten a little.
As wiki said, I'm trying to combine cygterm with win32 terminal,
but it is not too easy, because my application compiled with VC,
so it does not link cygwin1.dll statically.
I'm in sort of debugging stage now...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple