This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
perl -V:cc still says "gcc-4"
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 13:35:59 -0600
- Subject: perl -V:cc still says "gcc-4"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Many moons ago Cygwin "gcc" became GCC 4. Later, Cygwin dropped the
"gcc-4" wrapper package.
Unfortunately, this means Perl modules that only come in native (XS)
form don't compile because perl -V:cc says "gcc-4". I tried creating a
symlink from gcc-4 -> gcc in /bin, but it didn't help.
STC: cpanm Text::Xslate
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple