This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl -V:cc still says "gcc-4"
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 22:45:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: perl -V:cc still says "gcc-4"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5369399F dot 1000705 at etr-usa dot com>
Warren Young writes:
> Many moons ago Cygwin "gcc" became GCC 4. Later, Cygwin dropped the
> "gcc-4" wrapper package.
> Unfortunately, this means Perl modules that only come in native (XS)
> form don't compile because perl -V:cc says "gcc-4". I tried creating
> a symlink from gcc-4 -> gcc in /bin, but it didn't help.
Yes, I've posted about this some time ago. You absolutely need to name
the symlink "gcc-4.exe". You could also patch out the EXEEXT appendage
that makes that particular check fail when it encounters a symlink of
just "gcc-4", but renaming the symlink is easier.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple