This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Re: Microsoft Accounts (was Re: Problem with "None" Group on Non-Domain Members)
- From: vlado99 <V dot 99 at seznam dot cz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 14:26:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Re: Microsoft Accounts (was Re: Problem with "None" Group on Non-Domain Members)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140506130138 dot GA3768 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 6.5.2014 15:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Does anybody here use a Microsoft Account on a non-English Windows system?
If so, I'd like to see the output of
/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/whoami /groups | grep S-1-11-
What I'm especially interested in is, if the domain name,
"MicrosoftAccount" is localized or not.
I have Windows 8.1 Pro Slovak on virtual machine. If I login using local
account, output of whoami /groups doesn't contain S-1-11-. So I created
Microsoft Account, logged in, and run
C:\>C:\Windows\System32\whoami.exe /groups | find "S-1-11-"
MicrosoftAccount\firstname.lastname@example.org User S-1-11
-2313688921-3621400082 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
But "one swallow does not make summer"! In past, there was different
approach to localisation to different languages. For example Czech
Windows XP had localised output of command line tools, but Slovak XP had
localised only GUI.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple