This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- From: "KARR, DAVID" <dk068x at att dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 23:42:30 +0000
- Subject: RE: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2225C00EA9 at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2226630D4A at CAFRFD1MSGUSRIG dot ITServices dot sbc dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> Of KARR, DAVID
> Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 2:34 PM
> > -----Original Message-----
> > Of KARR, DAVID
> > Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:53 AM
> > I recently installed 1.7.29 on a new Win7/64 laptop. Every day or so, I
> > get a "fatal error" dialog from emacs-w32. It asks me if I want to
> > it, but I'm not sure what info I could pull from gdb that would be
> > Is this a known problem?
> > Is there any useful information I could provide?
> I installed the test 18.104.22.168 version, and it hasn't crashed once (yet).
Since I reported this, I've seen it crash several times now, but it doesn't give the usual "Debug?" dialog, it just goes away. It's died several times today. I'll start running it from gdb to get a stacktrace.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple