This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 21:46:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2225C00EA9 at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2226630D4A at CAFRFD1MSGUSRIG dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B222663A4D5 at CAFRFD1MSGUSRIA dot ITServices dot sbc dot com>
On 5/7/2014 7:42 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
Of KARR, DAVID
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 2:34 PM
Of KARR, DAVID
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:53 AM
I recently installed 1.7.29 on a new Win7/64 laptop. Every day or so, I
get a "fatal error" dialog from emacs-w32. It asks me if I want to
it, but I'm not sure what info I could pull from gdb that would be
Is this a known problem?
Is there any useful information I could provide?
I installed the test 22.214.171.124 version, and it hasn't crashed once (yet).
Since I reported this, I've seen it crash several times now, but it doesn't give the usual "Debug?" dialog, it just goes away. It's died several times today. I'll start running it from gdb to get a stacktrace.
As before, it would be good to know if it crashes when started with the
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple