This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Issues with Cygwin on Windows 8.1
- From: Dato <datoda at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 02:11:43 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Issues with Cygwin on Windows 8.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I just set up Cygwin for x86 on my Windows 8.1 (64-bit) machine, and
have been seeing the following issues:
1. When doing 'git clone', some of the expected messages don't show up. For
example, this is what I see:
$ which git
$ git clone https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libplist.git
Cloning into 'libplist'...
As you can see, the 'git clone' command doesn't display the stats such as
objects received, deltas resolved, etc.
2. When invoking python, I don't get the python's prompt back:
$ which python
It basically just hangs there. I have to ^C to get the shell prompt back.
3. I have a shell script that runs just fine on an older Cygwin installation
on a Vista machine. But on this newer Cygwin installation, I get the
following error message:
./autogen.sh: line 16: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Any idea on what may be causing these issues and suggestion on how to fix
them will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple