This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Newer version of Perl?
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 19:30:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: Newer version of Perl?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <lkeb13$gu8$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <536ACD08 dot 5050701 at etr-usa dot com>
On 5/7/2014 5:17 PM, Warren Young wrote:
On 5/7/2014 16:10, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked before.
Actually, I brought it up here yesterday, as a result of trying to help
you with mod_perl alternatives:
What the latest version of Perl
available for Cygwin. I see 5.14 but I know that 5.16 and 5.18 are out.
5.18.2 is in test. Run setup.exe, find perl on the Select Packages
screen, then click the "5.14.4" until it says "5.18.2" instead.
Beware, because it's "test", every time you run setup.exe again, you
have to be careful to re-select it, or it will get downgraded to 5.14
I think the problem is that I'm using Cygwin 64bit but when I click on
5.14.4 is doesn't change. Perhaps 5.18.2 is only compiled for 32 bit?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple