This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- From: "KARR, DAVID" <dk068x at att dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 16:03:08 +0000
- Subject: RE: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2225C00EA9 at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2226630D4A at CAFRFD1MSGUSRIG dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B222663A4D5 at CAFRFD1MSGUSRIA dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <536AE1E8 dot 4090403 at cornell dot edu>
> -----Original Message-----
> On 5/7/2014 7:42 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> Of KARR, DAVID
> >> Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 2:34 PM
> >>> -----Original Message-----
> >>> Of KARR, DAVID
> >>> Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:53 AM
> >>> I recently installed 1.7.29 on a new Win7/64 laptop. Every day or so,
> >>> get a "fatal error" dialog from emacs-w32. It asks me if I want to
> >> debug
> >>> it, but I'm not sure what info I could pull from gdb that would be
> >> useful.
> >>> Is this a known problem?
> >>> Is there any useful information I could provide?
> >> I installed the test 22.214.171.124 version, and it hasn't crashed once
> > Since I reported this, I've seen it crash several times now, but it
> doesn't give the usual "Debug?" dialog, it just goes away. It's died
> several times today. I'll start running it from gdb to get a stacktrace.
> As before, it would be good to know if it crashes when started with the
> -Q option.
Just so I'm clear, if I use "-Q" that doesn't load anything, so I can't really do much with that. I can run it, and I can tell you if it ever fails, but it seems unlikely it ever will, because I can't really do anything with it.
So far, I haven't seen the Q instance fail, when my regular instance has failed several times.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple