This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: socat with IP6 support?
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 15:23:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: socat with IP6 support?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52D985D3 dot 9070506 at etr-usa dot com> <CAF+jOM3X96jE+2nXBbadstJf6ehKCk0ae9est+6wvX5G1VFupg at mail dot gmail dot com> <52D9A0C9 dot 4080508 at etr-usa dot com> <20140117213255 dot GA1843 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140117221946 dot GA22079 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAF+jOM3YUtgtae5L=kTmaChYRGQYrp6yGg9H8CbFQ3GguW5-0Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140118114751 dot GC22079 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <6nnpd9tm0hn3od1ch642flc0upuvr15jau at 4ax dot com> <20140120172758 dot GA2357 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> On Jan 20 03:45, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > Cygwin doesn't seem to
> > define IPV6_DSTOPTS. In Ubuntu, it's defined in
> > /usr/include/linux/in6.h (value 59), along with a whole bunch of other
> > IPv6 socket options.
> > I'm not sure what the best solution is here. I could define it locally,
> > but would it be better for Cygwin to bring in the missing definitions?
> I don't think so. I checked the available options on Windows again,
> and IPV6_DSTOPTS is not supported. I applied a small patch a few
> minutes ago to add a few socket options our headers were missing,
> but there are still a lot of Linux socket options not supported on
> Windows which hinders CYgwin to support them.
> Any chance you could tweak this piece of code to be built only
> if IPV6_DSTOPTS is defined?
I finally got back to this. I seem to have worked around the problem in
socat v2. I've uploaded new packages for 1.7 and 2 that have IPv6 support,
but that will need to be tested. Andrew
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple