This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: getent group fails
- From: Denis Excoffier <cygwin at Denis-Excoffier dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 19:06:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: getent group fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <EF15E076-6965-4517-AA90-C2B1682D12D2 at Denis-Excoffier dot org> <20140508091356 dot GP30918 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2014-05-09 11:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On May 7 19:39, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> Thanks for the report. I made a dumb Copy/paste error. This should
> be fixed in the today's snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
Indeed, it is working now.
Also, i have noticed that 'getent group' produces this line:
(with \303\251 meaning é, like under UTF-8)
while 'getent passwd' produces (among other lines):
(with \311 meaning É, like under ISO-Latin)
This is with LC_CTYPE=fr_FR, no /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/passwd
and /etc/group with only one line each, domain member with currently no
network connected, under Cygwin 32bits 'Just Me', installed on top of
XP SP3 32bits [french only], with snapshot '20140508 19:51:25’,
and all packages up-to-date.
If i setenv LC_CTYPE C, or unsetenv LC_CTYPE, i also get UTF-8 for
'getent passwd' (ie for both).
What bothers me is that under LC_CTYPE=fr_FR (or fr_FR@euro), the
getent output is not consistent.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple