This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Enquiry on Cygwin function - file sharing between Windows and Windows
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:39:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: Enquiry on Cygwin function - file sharing between Windows and Windows
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPFTnhEq_vOwrOov72xVVokZ_V8ZObcMxkUtKPnfnhHvYOj-tw at mail dot gmail dot com> <536CA0F8 dot 9000002 at gmail dot com>
On 5/9/2014 2:33 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 09/05/2014 11:07, Marco Lau wrote:
Further to FAQ 4.28, we know that Cygwin can provide a SCP protocol
for file sharing between Unix and Windows and we have been using this
tool for years.
My question is, can we do the same thing for file sharing between
Windows and Windows?
I know there are huge number of sftp applications can serve for the
purpose but I am really interested can Cygwin support file sharing
between Windows Servers platform.
Thanks & regards,
of course as with Unix you need to install and run the ssh server.
Which, luckily, comes with Cygwin! Yes install the OpenSSH package in
Cygwin and Cygwin with OpenSSH and on the remote Windows server. Run
ssh-host-config to set up the service and scp (or sftp) to your heart's
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple