This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Baffled: is it Cygwin (64-bits) or Windows that causes the invocation of regedit (from bash) to fail?
- From: "Chris J. Breisch" <chris dot ml at breisch dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 10:11:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: Baffled: is it Cygwin (64-bits) or Windows that causes the invocation of regedit (from bash) to fail?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <849f1f5420ebf77d7a591d6c9b6bfa4b dot squirrel at webmail dot xs4all dot nl>
At my place I have installed both versions of Cygwin (i.e. 32-bits and 64-bits) -- of course,
in different places. As "some" of you will have the "same" setup, I would like you to confirm
the following (UNexpected, to me) result:
- I canNOT invoke regedit from 64-bits bash (Yes, I can if bash has been invoked in ELEVATED mode)
- I can invoke regedit from 64-bits bash (not elevated) as follows: cygstart regedit
- however, I can invoke regedit from 32-bits bash (not elevated) ...
- likewise, I can invoke regedit from 64-bits cmd (not elevated) ...
By UNexpected result I mean: I cannot explain why I canNOT invoke regedit from 64-bits bash ...
E:\Cygwin64\bin\bash: /drv/c/WINDOWS/regedit: Permission denied
I can not duplicate your behavior. I can not invoke regedit from any
non-elevated bash prompt, regardless of whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
I get the above error in both cases.
Chris J. Breisch
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple