This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Has Lucida Console disappeared?
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:38:38 -0600
- Subject: Re: Has Lucida Console disappeared?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <155DEC68569B714B86C2C7075F5EDA9892AB462D at DAKIYA1 dot pegasus dot local>
On 5/12/2014 08:37, Doug Lewan wrote:
Since updating Cygwin on Friday I (i.e. emacs, etc.) don't find the
Lucida Console fonts.
Have they really disappeared?
And how would I verify their removal? I can find lots of information
about packages currently installed, but nothing more historical.
As far as I know, Lucida Console does not come with any Cygwin package,
it is part of Windows, up through Windows XP. It is not a free font:
From Vista (?) forward, Windows uses Consolas for that purpose.
Sometimes to get native fonts to work in Cygwin apps, you have to build
font files, which may not have been done in your new installation. The
assumption here is that you're talking about Emacs on X11, not console
emacs in MinTTY.
If MinTTY can't find the font, check in Notepad or similar. If Lucida
Console isn't there, either, Cygwin's setup.exe probably didn't remove it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple