This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: hostname: : Bad address apprers on Cygwin_x86_64
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:00:44 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: hostname: : Bad address apprers on Cygwin_x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp
--- On Mon, 2014/5/12, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 12/05/2014 11:35, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> > Hello
> > Executing Cygwin.bat on Cygwin_x86_64, a message "hostname: : Bad address" before representation of the prompt like:
> > ********************
> > hostname: : Bad address
> > Tatsu@Tatsu-PC ~
> > $
> > *********************
> > What is wrong with my system?
> > Tatsuro
> Hi Tatsuro,
> eventually nothing specific of your system.
> Could you trace which command is giving that output ?
I have installed the snapshot of cygwin1.dll () for Cygwin_x86_64 in order to debug the gnuplot qt terminal error.
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 Tatsu-PC 1.7.30s(0.272/5/3) 20140509 14:29:33 x86_64 Cygwin
Using the snapshot cygwin1.dll, the message "hostname: : Bad address" disappeared.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple