This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Update CoreUtils
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 01:56:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Update CoreUtils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLXn77GLnN1bfnrgiyb8vbcKdsJpvmXU1-uzL_vYjmFW3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <5370E017 dot 5000206 at redhat dot com> <CAAXzdLWUVS+e6wMZ6-C8p_2iQfkWKb6sOngQsRPjaeTpUVGWNQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 04:33:06PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> I haven't relinquished maintainership of this package yet. It's still
>> on my list of things to build, when I get a moment (although free time
>> has been a bit sparse as of late with the birth of my daughter last month).
>Frankly I dont see how you can hold maintainer and not even update once a year.
>- lack of a real package manager
>all being way out of date I have already switched to MSYS2 once. The only reason
>I came back is they still havent fixed the jacked mount points
> C:/msys64 on /usr
> C:/msys64 on /
>while Cygwin correctly does
> C:/cygwin64/bin on /usr/bin
> C:/cygwin64/lib on /usr/lib
> C:/cygwin64 on /
Frankly, please give MSYS2 another try. We'd all appreciate it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple