This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs-w32... crashing problem
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:09:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Emacs-w32... crashing problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1399983378 dot 39253 dot YahooMailNeo at web185405 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com>
On 5/13/2014 8:16 AM, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
Well, the crashing problem in emacs-w32 is greatly improved,
yet, the program still crashed on me yesterday, after a good
few days of seamless performance. The emacs-version function
"GNU Emacs 188.8.131.52 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin)
of 2014-05-03 on Fiona"
Please describe the crash in more detail. What were you doing when it
happened? Did the window just disappear, or did you get a dialogue box
asking if you want to attach a debugger? Did you get any messages in
the terminal that emacs was started from? Is there a stackdump file?
Can you still get a crash if you start emacs with the -Q option? I
realize that it might take several days before you know the answer.
Can you run emacs under gdb and try to get a backtrace when it crashes?
You'll have to install the emacs-debuginfo package. And you may have
to experiment with breakpoints, but I would start by setting one at
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple