This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Update CoreUtils
- From: "Chris J. Breisch" <chris dot ml at breisch dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:36:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: Update CoreUtils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLXn77GLnN1bfnrgiyb8vbcKdsJpvmXU1-uzL_vYjmFW3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <5370E017 dot 5000206 at redhat dot com> <CAAXzdLWUVS+e6wMZ6-C8p_2iQfkWKb6sOngQsRPjaeTpUVGWNQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513055627 dot GA671 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLWoSg2zuMdZuYwL+baXpYq-472i2Y3iqte4MVhQ4WtEdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53721437 dot 4080408 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAAXzdLU182frc=xTyP8JqmY+qef9wxw-vzALRhf-1ZnkVSWNFA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513150444 dot GD7575 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXO3moCP_nPkwReqkW0e=eU9pjT+XsC0Ys5+=ib-NZmaw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Steven Penny wrote:
If you're ready to maintain something, then you must have successfully
built the version of the package you want to maintain, applied any
necessary Cygwin patches, and gotten it to successfully work on your
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
Funny how you're saying "We" as if you are actually contributing
anything other than criticism.
You want me to contribute? Give me maintenance over one of the aforementioned
packages. Ball is in your court.
Since you've done all that, I am touched by your concern that the rest
of us are running out-of-date stuff, and am glad that you are so eager
to contribute. I'm sure Eric et al. would be happy to accept the
assistance. PTC. (http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC)
Of course, if you haven't yet successfully built the version of the
package you want to maintain, haven't applied the necessary Cygwin
patches, and haven't gotten it to successfully work on your machine,
then it's a bit ludicrous to expect someone to name you the maintainer
of said package. You haven't shown any evidence of your ability to
perform in that capacity.
Chris J. Breisch
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple