This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Update CoreUtils
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:47:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: Update CoreUtils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLXn77GLnN1bfnrgiyb8vbcKdsJpvmXU1-uzL_vYjmFW3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <5370E017 dot 5000206 at redhat dot com> <CAAXzdLWUVS+e6wMZ6-C8p_2iQfkWKb6sOngQsRPjaeTpUVGWNQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513055627 dot GA671 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLWoSg2zuMdZuYwL+baXpYq-472i2Y3iqte4MVhQ4WtEdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53721437 dot 4080408 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAAXzdLU182frc=xTyP8JqmY+qef9wxw-vzALRhf-1ZnkVSWNFA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513150444 dot GD7575 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXO3moCP_nPkwReqkW0e=eU9pjT+XsC0Ys5+=ib-NZmaw at mail dot gmail dot com> <53726637 dot 8040301 at breisch dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 05/13/2014 02:36 PM, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
Steven Penny wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
Funny how you're saying "We" as if you are actually contributing
anything other than criticism.
You want me to contribute? Give me maintenance over one of the aforementioned
packages. Ball is in your court.
If you're ready to maintain something, then you must have successfully built
the version of the package you want to maintain, applied any necessary
Cygwin patches, and gotten it to successfully work on your machine.
Since you've done all that, I am touched by your concern that the rest of us
are running out-of-date stuff, and am glad that you are so eager to
contribute. I'm sure Eric et al. would be happy to accept the assistance.
Of course, if you haven't yet successfully built the version of the package
you want to maintain, haven't applied the necessary Cygwin patches, and
haven't gotten it to successfully work on your machine, then it's a bit
ludicrous to expect someone to name you the maintainer of said package. You
haven't shown any evidence of your ability to perform in that capacity.
...and Eric has. Until he relinquishes his packages or disappears, the
majority (at least) of those on the list that use his packages appreciate
his efforts in the past and look forward to his support going forward.
If Eric decides to give up one or more of the packages you're interested
in picking up as maintainer, then we'll all be appreciative of your efforts
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple