Re: pinfo configure problem - configure.ac (0/1)

On 05/13/2014 01:19 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> AC_CHECK_CURSES calls AC_CHECK_CURSES_COMPILE, which is the step that
> fails.  I've included it below.  The key step seems to be that it calls
> AC_LINK_IFELSE, with the curses libs (-lncursesw) appended to LDFLAGS.

That's a bug in AC_CHECK_CURSES_COMPILE, and should be reported to
whoever wrote that macro.  The autoconf manual says that LDFLAGS is for
-L options, while LIBS is for -l options.

> dnl
> dnl check if the curses header we found, works
> dnl
> AC_DEFUN([AC_CHECK_CURSES_COMPILE], [
>
>     dnl save CFLAGS and LDFLAGS and set new ones
>     CFLAGS_OLD=$CFLAGS
>     CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $curses_includes"
>     LDFLAGS_OLD=$LDFLAGS
>     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $curses_libs"

and this is a blatant case of using the wrong env-var for library
probing.  s/LDFLAGS/LIBS/ on these lines, before running autoreconf, and
that should fix it without you manually having to pass LIBS= at the
configure command line.