This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Update CoreUtils
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:54:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: Update CoreUtils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLXn77GLnN1bfnrgiyb8vbcKdsJpvmXU1-uzL_vYjmFW3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <5370E017 dot 5000206 at redhat dot com> <CAAXzdLWUVS+e6wMZ6-C8p_2iQfkWKb6sOngQsRPjaeTpUVGWNQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513055627 dot GA671 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLWoSg2zuMdZuYwL+baXpYq-472i2Y3iqte4MVhQ4WtEdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53721437 dot 4080408 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAAXzdLU182frc=xTyP8JqmY+qef9wxw-vzALRhf-1ZnkVSWNFA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513150444 dot GD7575 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXO3moCP_nPkwReqkW0e=eU9pjT+XsC0Ys5+=ib-NZmaw at mail dot gmail dot com> <53726637 dot 8040301 at breisch dot org>
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
> Of course, if you haven't yet successfully built the version of the package
> you want to maintain, haven't applied the necessary Cygwin patches, and
> haven't gotten it to successfully work on your machine, then it's a bit
> ludicrous to expect someone to name you the maintainer of said package. You
> haven't shown any evidence of your ability to perform in that capacity.
Yes, I have built up to date Bash, this would be my pick if I am allowed
maintainer as I feel it is an important package that should be up to date.
I have built up to date Git as well, but between Adam Dinwoodie build and
CygwinPorts build Git is "good enough" for now
I think I tried and failed to built this a year ago, lately I wanted an up to
date version of "dd" for the "skip_bytes" option, but I dont really need that
now, so it is lower priority
I just to add for Christopher Faylor and others that I maintain "apt-cyg" a
Cygwin package manager.
Granted it is not an official package such as Bash, but it is something.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple