This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pinfo configure problem - configure.ac (0/1)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 17:11:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: pinfo configure problem - configure.ac (0/1)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <05u3n9l6l8pgdeuidskcplb1930mmjtu05 at 4ax dot com> <20140513110518 dot GN2436 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <ui14n9t5gv0sepatqtpocqqlodgcve9gi3 at 4ax dot com> <20140513115410 dot GP2436 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <sfe4n955rf2f5571oepq2l0tffi4hr1l4b at 4ax dot com> <537269E3 dot 5080509 at redhat dot com> <err4n99d6s6t1o1bebv4rf50p9vt7qhh2l at 4ax dot com> <537275F3 dot 6070108 at redhat dot com>
> On 05/13/2014 01:19 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > AC_CHECK_CURSES calls AC_CHECK_CURSES_COMPILE, which is the step that
> > fails. I've included it below. The key step seems to be that it calls
> > AC_LINK_IFELSE, with the curses libs (-lncursesw) appended to LDFLAGS.
> That's a bug in AC_CHECK_CURSES_COMPILE, and should be reported to
> whoever wrote that macro. The autoconf manual says that LDFLAGS is for
> -L options, while LIBS is for -l options.
OK. I think the author of pinfo is long gone, but I'll submit a patch
upstream in case someone is interested.
> > dnl
> > dnl check if the curses header we found, works
> > dnl
> > AC_DEFUN([AC_CHECK_CURSES_COMPILE], [
> > dnl save CFLAGS and LDFLAGS and set new ones
> > CFLAGS_OLD=$CFLAGS
> > CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $curses_includes"
> > LDFLAGS_OLD=$LDFLAGS
> > LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $curses_libs"
> and this is a blatant case of using the wrong env-var for library
> probing. s/LDFLAGS/LIBS/ on these lines, before running autoreconf, and
> that should fix it without you manually having to pass LIBS= at the
> configure command line.
Sounds good. Thanks again.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple