This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs-w32... crashing problem
- From: Zdzislaw Meglicki <zdzisiekm at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:25:56 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Emacs-w32... crashing problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Zdzislaw Meglicki <zdzisiekm at sbcglobal dot net>
Ken Brown writeth:
> Please describe the crash in more detail.
> What were you doing when it happened? Did
> the window just disappear, or did you get
> a dialogue box asking if you want to attach
> a debugger? Did you get any messages in the
> terminal that emacs was started from? Is
> there a stackdump file?
The window just disappeared. There was no dialogue
box that would let me attach gdb to the process.
I did not run it under "-Q" at the time, and I do
not have a stackdump file (I deleted it).
I will keep an eye on this and if it crashes
again, hopefully letting me attach gdb, I'll
post a backtrace and the stackdump file, if you'd
like to have a look at it.
Since emacs-w32 is so much better now, it may very
well take days before the next such event!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple