This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
wget-1.15-1 vx wget-1.13-4, LANG and cron
- From: First Last <cygwin dot user at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 21:49:41 +0000
- Subject: wget-1.15-1 vx wget-1.13-4, LANG and cron
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I had trouble when I updated to wget-1.15-1.
I have a cron script that grabs a camera picture using
wget. It failed with the new wget-1.15-1.
1) wget stderr has a line:
Saving to: 'filename'
In wget-1.13.4-1 the delimiter before the filename is a
backtick and after the filename there is a single quote.
Also if the URL contains a <space> the filename has
In wget-1.15-1 both delimiters are single quotes, at
least with LANG=C. A space in the URL results in
a "%20" in the filename.
2) wget-1.15-1 is more sensitive to LANG etc.
When I ran the repaired script from bash it worked fine,
but under cron without setting LC_ALL or LANG the
wget-1.15-1 stderr output filename delimiters were wide
export LC_ALL=C LC_CTYPE=C LANG=C
at the top of the cron script returned the single quote
delimiters. Working fine now.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple