This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup-x86.exe has virus and is blocked by Malware Detectors
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 20:36:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup-x86.exe has virus and is blocked by Malware Detectors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400181948 dot 68721 dot YahooMailNeo at web121901 dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com>
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:25:48PM -0700, Wes Kaefer wrote:
> I agree, it probably does not have a virus; but it has a virus signature.
This is covered in the FAQ at http://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.setup.virus
> Is Cygwin Setup, or one of the packages, infected with a virus?
> Unlikely. Unless you can confirm it, please don't report it to the
> mailing list. Anti-virus products have been known to detect false
> positives when extracting compressed tar archives. If this causes
> problems for you, consider disabling your anti-virus software when
> running setup. Read the next entry for a fairly safe way to do this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple