This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installing a program as a Windows service on Windows 8.1
- From: Nick Urbanik <nicku at nicku dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:23:43 +1000
- Subject: Installing a program as a Windows service on Windows 8.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have written a Perl program that I want to run as a service on
Windows 8.1. However, when I type:
cygrunsrv -I NAME -p /path/to/NAME
Note: NAME has execute permissions, and can be run.
I get the error message:
cygrunsrv: Error installing a service: OpenSCManager: Win32 error 5:
Access is denied.
I am doing this from an account that is shown as "Administrator". I
am not very familiar with Windows; I only use it to solve problems
that other users of it are having. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Nick Urbanik http://nicku.org firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24 ID: BB9D2C24
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple