This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing...
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:55:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400703284 dot 64552 dot YahooMailNeo at web185403 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com>
On 5/21/2014 4:14 PM, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
It just crashed on me again, after a couple of days
of no crashes at all. The versions of everything
are unchanged since my last message. But this
time, and this is new, I have not seen it before,
it did not give me the gdb option. Instead it just
crashed and said: "Segmentation fault (core dumped)..."
I have the core, though I don't know if it's going to
be of much use to anyone. I have been reading
mail, scrolling through the messages, with rmail at the
You only get the prompt to attach gdb if the exception is caught by
emacs, which then calls emacs_abort. If the exception is handled at a
higher level, this won't happen. The best thing is to just start emacs
under gdb to begin with.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple