This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Upgrading from vesrion 1.7.10 to 1.7.29 made stop working my programs
- From: Ruben Romartinez <Ruben dot Romartinez at microfocus dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 09:29:00 +0000
- Subject: Upgrading from vesrion 1.7.10 to 1.7.29 made stop working my programs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I had some machines with Cygwin version 1.7.10 installed on some windows 7 machines running some tests for a program I developed. One of the exes I run takes some parameters by specifying the flag -D. I normally specify two or three of this parameters using the -D flag without any problem.
After a while. We moved to windows 8 so I decided to download and use the last Cygwin version and I installed 1.7.29. When I tried to run the same commands using this new version I realized that if I only specified one parameters using the -D flag everything worked fine but if I specified more than one, the second parameter afterwards weren't recognised making the program to crass.
I took a look at the changes made from version 10 to version 29 and I cannot see anything that may cause this issue. I also installed this new version on windows 7 to make sure that error was a problem of windows 8. Also, using this machines cmd I can run the commands without any problem.
Thanks for your help,
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
Micro Focus Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 01504593 Registered office: The Lawn, 22-30 Old Bath Road Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1QN, UK
This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple