This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 16:12:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUx+zsvXGDfYyBkounDNLsMy8oW1ZmGZtLoOA-XfeDQHg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 05:37:45PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>The MSYS2 project keep an up to date archive with files lists for all packages
>This file is not very large considering
> $ gzip -l mingw64.files.tar.gz
> compressed uncompressed ratio uncompressed_name
> 982852 9585152 89.7% mingw64.files.tar
>I was wondering if something like this is possible with Cygwin. Currently if you
>want to search a file that is not installed you must use
> cygcheck --package-query
>which I have noticed can be very slow. I would be happy to help with maintaining
>a Cygwin archive with file lists for all packages.
Not sure how you'd do that. I suspect that MSYS is a lot more static
than Cygwin. I don't think package maintainers wants to notify you
every time they upload a package.
And, frankly, I think it's a bad idea to keep a monolithic list of
packages available for people to download anyway.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple