This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 18:11:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUx+zsvXGDfYyBkounDNLsMy8oW1ZmGZtLoOA-XfeDQHg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140526201210 dot GB3903 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLUZ-0iR4NR2j30UPJpmr4LfPtqBXfPtc7vh-nY3ZfF9Ag at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 10:18:20PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> And, frankly, I think it's a bad idea to keep a monolithic list of
>> packages available for people to download anyway.
>Could you not just require each package includes a file list? This way you could
>get the information from any mirror.
>This would ease the burden of the cygwin.com site, as it is the only site with
>that information currently
It is surviving just fine.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple